Your brain performs many actions continuously throughout the day.
How can you help it function at its best?
One way is to consume foods that contain nutrients that support its functions.
- Foods rich in healthy fats, such as omega-3s found in fatty fish are anti-inflammatory, aid neuronal conduction, and can even protect against age-related decline.
- Caffeine containing foods, such as coffee and dark chocolate help with increasing alertness and improving one’s mood by elevating serotonin levels.
- Anti-oxidants help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress that leads to aging, the following foods contain anti-oxidants and other brain friendly nutrients:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Dark chocolate
- Green tea
- Incorporating these foods into your daily or weekly routine can help you elevate your brain-friendly nutrients without feeling overwhelmed. Simply eating them 2-3 times a week can benefit your health, but you’re likely to consume them more often.
- Hope you find creative ways to add brain-friendly foods into your diet.
Yours in health,
Dr. Shruti Sharma